National Capital Able Sail
2019 Get-Out-On-The-Water Open House/Demo Sail/BBQ Social
Saturday June 22nd
Nepean Sailing Club (3259 Carling Avenue)
10:00 am to 4:00pm
BBQ Social 11:30 – 2:00 pm
(Go through the clubhouse and look for
directions down to the Able Sail dock)
- Come out and enjoy the Fun!!!
- Meet New People and Enjoy the Freedom of Sailing!!!
- Volunteers will be available to help you into the boat and go for your first sail!!!
- Learn about the 2018 Learn-to-Sail Program
- Connect with old friends, make new ones
- NCASA Board of Directors and NSC Representatives will be available all day to answer your questions about the Adaptive Sail program
- What you’ll need: Water proof rain jacket, Water proof rain pants, Water proof rain boots, dry socks & shoes to change into after sailing, a towel to dry off if you get wet, a camera to take pictures and a water bottle to keep hydrated
- note that most sailors don’t usually get soaked when sailing, but it’s good to have this gear just in case
- BBQ will start at 11:30 am. We will be serving hot dogs, hamburgers, sausages with all the condiments and fixins’, potato salad, pasta salad, and Caesar salad. Donations are welcome to help offset some of the cost of the food expenses. The event will go on rain or shine. In the event of inclement weather, the BBQ will be held in a sheltered area at the sailing school instead of on the able sail dock.
For more information & to RSVP for the BBQ, contact:
Wendi Robinson Ley
NCASA Board of Directors and NSC Representatives will be available all day to answer your questions about the Adaptive Sail program.
Hope to see you there!