Hello Sailors! Due to the flooding, the new date for the 2019 Open House/Demo Sail/BBQ Social will be Saturday June 22nd from 10am to 4pm .
- NOD @ NSC: June 15 & 16, 2019
- National Capital Cup Regatta: July 6 – 7
- National Capital Regatta / Bob Yuile Memorial Regatta (BYC): July 13 – 14
- Coupe de Quebec (PCYC Pointe Claire, QC): July 27 – 28
- Ontario Provincial Championships (John Farrell Regatta Hamilton, ON): August 10 – 11
- 2019 Ottawa Mobility Cup Regatta: September 9 – 13
- (Tentative) Hudson Woman’s Keelboat Championship: September 26 – 29
Vote for your Board of Directors. Nominate someone to be on the Board of Directors. Contact Wendi Robinson Ley at:
Démonstration de voile adaptée /
Journée portes ouvertes / Sociale BBQ 2019
Samedi 22 juin
Club de Voile Nepean (3259, avenue Carling)
10 h à 16 h
(Passez par le pavillon et suivez les directions
pour vous rendre au quai de voile adaptée)
- Joignez-vous à nous et profitez de cette activité divertissante!!!
- Faites de nouvelles connaissances et vivez une nouvelle expérience!!!
- Des bénévoles seront sur place pour vous aider à transférer dans le voilier et vous accompagner sur l’eau!
- Apprenez-en plus sur le programme de leçons de voile de l’été 2019
- Venez retrouver de vieux amis, nouer de nouvelles amitiés et vous amuser…
Le Conseil d’administration de NCASA et des représentants du NSC seront sur place toute la journée pour répondre à vos questions au sujet du programme de voile adaptée.
Pour plus d’information, communiquez avec :
Pour le 22 juin contacter:
Wendi Robinson Ley
Nous espérons vous y voir!
Thank you to all who participated in this event to make it a huge success! Your continued support helps to keep the Able Sail Program running for another year.
National Capital Able Sail
2019 Get-Out-On-The-Water Open House/Demo Sail/BBQ Social
Saturday June 22nd
Nepean Sailing Club (3259 Carling Avenue)
10:00 am to 4:00pm
BBQ Social 11:30 – 2:00 pm
(Go through the clubhouse and look for
directions down to the Able Sail dock)
- Come out and enjoy the Fun!!!
- Meet New People and Enjoy the Freedom of Sailing!!!
- Volunteers will be available to help you into the boat and go for your first sail!!!
- Learn about the 2018 Learn-to-Sail Program
- Connect with old friends, make new ones
- NCASA Board of Directors and NSC Representatives will be available all day to answer your questions about the Adaptive Sail program
- What you’ll need: Water proof rain jacket, Water proof rain pants, Water proof rain boots, dry socks & shoes to change into after sailing, a towel to dry off if you get wet, a camera to take pictures and a water bottle to keep hydrated
- note that most sailors don’t usually get soaked when sailing, but it’s good to have this gear just in case
- BBQ will start at 11:30 am. We will be serving hot dogs, hamburgers, sausages with all the condiments and fixins’, potato salad, pasta salad, and Caesar salad. Donations are welcome to help offset some of the cost of the food expenses. The event will go on rain or shine. In the event of inclement weather, the BBQ will be held in a sheltered area at the sailing school instead of on the able sail dock.
For more information & to RSVP for the BBQ, contact:
Wendi Robinson Ley
NCASA Board of Directors and NSC Representatives will be available all day to answer your questions about the Adaptive Sail program.
Hope to see you there!
I have to sadly announce that one of our sailors, Jackey Ouelette has unfortunately passed away. After a long struggle with COPD, she passed peacefully at the Arnprior Hospital on Sunday February 26, 2017. She was 53. She will be dearly missed. Jackey would be very touched to see the Ablesail community gather and also meet her family and other people in the Ottawa area that meant so much to her at a very difficult time in her life. I can’t put into words the admiration that I have for everyone in this program and could never thank everyone enough for what they did for Jackey.
Nepean One Design – June 17-18, Nepean Sailing Club, Ottawa, ON
Sail Able Nova Scotia – July 1-2, Halifax, NS
National Capital Cup Training Day – July 7, Nepean Sailing Club, Ottawa, ON
National Capital Cup – July 8-9, Nepean Sailing Club, Ottawa, ON
National Capital Regatta (TBC) – July 15 &16, 2017, Britannia Yacht Club, Ottawa, ON
Coupe du Quebec – July 29-30, AQVA, Pointe Claire, QC
Lake Champlain Invitational – August 5-6, Mallets Bay, VT
John Farrell Memorial Provincial Championships – August 5-6, RHYC, Hamilton, ON
Reach Regatta – August 12-13, QQDSP, Toronto, ON
Mobility Cup – September 11-15, Kelowna, BC
Y-Knot Regatta – September 16-17, Lake George, NY
On February 1st, 2017, a full table of NCASA sailors and supporters gathered at Algonquin College for the Ottawa Sports Award. We were all there to cheer Shaylagh Ley who was recognised for her achievements in sailing during the summer 2016.
Shaylagh has been sailing for three years. In 2016, at 16 years of age, she placed first in the silver fleet event at the Mobility Cup. At this regatta, she defeated 22 sailors from all across Canada and two from the U.S. Shaylagh also finished second in the Quebec Disabled Sailing Championships against a field of 14 competitors.
Congratulations Shaylagh, you are making all of us very proud!
It is with deep sadness that we announce the passing of Monique Cormier on October 12, 2016. Monique passed away peacefully surrounded by family and close friends. The National Capital Able Sail Association (NCASA) and the entire Able Sail community was blessed to have Monique in our midst.
Monique took great joy in the time she spent in support of the disabled sailing. She did everything asked of her. Her service included travelling to regattas to support sailors, serving on the board of NCASA, supporting the planning and implementation of both the 2003 and 2012 Mobility Cups and several local National Capital Cups and supporting sailors without hesitation. She was a champion of disabled sailing, doing all of this not having been a sailor which makes it even more remarkable. Her energy was infectious and she never failed to roll up her sleeves and do what needed to be done.
She will be missed but Monique’s spirit and smile will be forever with us.
Monique died of cancer on 12 October and she was buried on 18 October.
Donations in her memory may be made to Programme Extra-Mural de Caraquet. Send your condolences and donations to Famille Cormier, 186 rue Boudreau, Caraquet NB E1W1A5. (tel 506 726 6066)